Happy Wednesday! This is a new sort of post for me, but I’m excited to share that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! If (like me very recently) you don’t know what that is, it’s basically an online appreciation award given by bloggers to other bloggers. This helps introduce our readers to awesome blogs they might never have come across otherwise, and provides an opportunity to get to know the writers behind the websites a little better!
I was nominated by Jen at This Happy House – thank you, Jen! I’ve enjoyed reading Jen’s work since we “met” in a Facebook group for bloggers. I wasn’t sure what the award was at first, and then was a little dumbfounded that someone wanted to give it to me! Now it’s my turn to nominate 5 of my favorite new bloggers!
Anyway…Jen passed on a list of 5 questions that I’m supposed to answer, to help my readers get to know me a little better! Here they are:
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
It was kind of an odd process…I have an Etsy shop where I paint abstract and quotes (Scripture, inspirational, etc.) on canvas. My blog is kind of an extension of that. I have more to say than fits on a canvas. 🙂 All my work, between the shop and the blog, is to point people to Jesus, help them improve their lives, and help support my family.
2. Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
All over the place. I’m writing for the reader who wants to dig deeper into personal development in all areas of her life: spiritually, mentally, physically, relationally. This isn’t much different from me or the women around me in real life. I’m just listening more closely to the needs and questions we all have, and doing my best to serve and answer.
3. What is the number one item on your bucket list, and what is holding you back from doing it?
That’s a hard one! I don’t know if I’d call it the number one, but traveling is way up there. My husband and I both want to travel several places together, including some big trips with our kids. I think the main thing holding us back is that the kids are still very young. And also budgeting for those trips. 🙂
4. What do you envision for your life 5 years from now?
Honestly, I’ve stopped trying to plan that far ahead. My experience has been that I make plans and God just kind of shakes His head! I’m not doing anything like what I thought I would be, and I’m good with it! I’ll plan maybe a year out, and then just try to work responsibly with what assignments I have at the time.
5. What is your favorite family fun activity?
Our kids are young (5 and 2), so our most common activity is just playing in the back yard! For special occasions, though, we love trying new things with them and seeing new places together.
Here are MY nominations for the Liebster Award:
Go check out these ladies – they have some wonderful content worth reading!
The Rules for Liebster Award Nominees
1. On your blog, thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Link back to the blogger that awarded you.
3. Upload the award to your blog. This can be done by writing a post about the award, and uploading the award image in your sidebar.
4. Answer the questions you have been asked by your nominator in a blog post so we can get to know you better.
5. Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers, that you believe deserve to receive this award.
6. Notify the owners of those 5 blogs that you’ve nominated them so they can accept their award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
My questions for the nominees:
- What made you start your blog?
- What’s your favorite holiday, and why?
- Where do you get ideas for writing?
- What’s your favorite way to relax?
- What inspires you to write?
Thanks, readers, for sticking with me thus far. I’m looking forward to seeing where God takes this thing!
Thank you again, Jen (This Happy House) for thinking of me!